Lawyer Richard Seelmaecker
Richard Seelmaecker was born in Hamburg in 1973. He took his High School diploma at the Albert-Schweitzer-Gymnasium in 1992, including an overseas guest stage at the Lehi High School in Utah.
From 1993 to 1999 he studied law at the University of Hamburg and then joined the second stage, preparatory practice in the Judicical Service in Lower Saxony, where he passed the second (the “grand”) state examination in 2002.
He then joined the partnership Dres. Seelmaecker & Seelmaecker.
Married with Bettina, qualified as lawyer, three children.
Politics and Legislation
Since 1995 member of the Christian Democratic party, CDU.
1996 - 2008 scientific adviser of the member of the Hamburg Parliament, Berndt Röder, Speaker.
1994 - 1997 Vice-Chairman of the Christian Democrats’ group RCDS in the Hamburg University Parliament, as a Treasurer.
2002 - 2008 member of Parliament of the borough Fuhlsbüttel/Langenhorn and member of its Regional Committee.
2004 - 2008 member of Parliament Hamburg-North,Vice-Chairman of the CDU group.
2004 - 2008 member of the Hamburg Parliament “Bürgerschaft”, 19th period of legislation,
- committees Constitution and Boroughs
- Legal Matters
- Ministry of the Interior (representative member)
- Speaker of the Boroughs Committee
- Speaker of the Committee “Courts and Victims Protection”.
- 2010 Member of the Hamburg Senate’s Commission to
reorganize the State Administration.
- 2010 Deputy member of the Committee for the Nomination of Judges.
- 2011 Speaker of the CDU group in the Delegation of the
Ministry of Urban Development and Environment,
- member of the committee assigning Public Tender Contracts
- member of the committee of Staff and Budget Regulations.
- Hamburg Chamber of Lawyers
- Hamburg Lawyers Association
- Committee for the Nomination of Judges
- Delegation of the Ministry of Urban Development and Environment
- Christian Democrat Party
- German-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Lisbon
- Portuguese-Hanseatic Society
English, portuguese and spanish.
Special legal knowledge:
Public law, international private and succession law.
Willhoop 5, 22453 Hamburg, Tel:0049 (0) 40 538 33 36 Fax:0049 (0) 40 538 70 10